Product DescriptionYamaha DT, RT, VAPE ignition. Formally Power Dynamo/MZB Ignition Magnet based generator with integrated solid state ignition. Output 12V/180W DC. Replaces the complete old magneto system. Solid state, maintenance free, electronic ignition.
There is no need for changes on engine casing.Applications
- Yamaha DT1, DT2, DT3, RT1, RT2, RT3,
- DT250/360/400 A-F 1969 - 1979
- TY250 (1973-82) Requires Kit with heaver rotor, please call.
- YZA 250 (1974)
- all parts are new
- very stable ignition with high energy spark
- better starting and fuel burning, increases engine performance
- solid light output (180W) enabling Halogen lighting
- no problem with points anymore
- original dynamo of Yamaha
- further original system
- original stator of street version (also used)
- original rotor of street version Yamaha
- assembly instructions
- wiring diagram
- Parts in the photo
a. Kit only
b. Complete Kit with 12volt lights and a sealed battery
c. Complete Kit with 12volt lights and a battery eliminator
- Ignition Kit 7238799DC
- 12volt Head light Bulb to fit the stock or original 5 3/4 inch headlight. (tight squeeze)
- 4 turn signal bulbs
- Tail light bulb
- 4 instrument bulbs
- 12 volt battery or a Battery Eliminator (your choice)
- Turn signal relay
- NOTE: We cannot ship the kit with the battery out of the USA.
- NOTE: the battery included is the smallest 12 volt battery available. This will fit in the stock location. Install with the Battery spades facing up.
Old System Photo
Please note: This system was made to replace the Mitsubishi magneto (as delivered mainly to the US market).
There was a second magneto, made by Hitachi and used from 1977 onwards mainly for the UK, Canadian and other markets and here the crankshaft and hence magneto fitting might be differing.
Need the puller for your original ignition rotor.
10 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Works excellent. Good instructions & quality components.
My old RT-1 has never ran so good and now has a decent headlight. I liked it so much I bought another one for my other old yamaha. It runs awesome now too.
This setup is great! Very well made and worth every penny. I highly recommend it!
This is an excellent kit! With a soldering kit, an impact wrench and a couple of friends to help, we got my 75 Dt250 up and running in just a couple of hours!
This kit is awesome! Had a couple of friends help out with wiring and it fixed every issue on my '75 dt250. Definately worth the money! An impact wrench is a good idea to have handy. Included instructions are very helpful. With some help, everything was figured out in a few hours.
If you are looking at this cdi ignition you don't need to look any further for the answer to your ignition problems, this system is the answer. I got this system to put on a bike that sat for 20yrs and the breaker plate was totally destroyed, I put this on the bike in less than an hour, cleaned the carb and three kicks later it came to life, we have 4 more bikes that I'm very sure will be getting this system. Don't hesitate just buy it!!!
perfect solution for vintage bikes, easy to install
HVCcycles is a great company and I look forward to doing business with them in the future!
Built very well, fits perfect, my Yamaha has not ran this good in years.