Power Dynamo Solid state ignition For Yamaha DT, IT, RT
12V /100W 750Gr (26oz) rotor
replacement magneto with integrated fully electronic ignition. Output at 12V/100W DC. Solid state ignition with own power supply from within the system. Replaces the stock 6V Mitsubisho magneto. No changes on engine casing needed.
- all parts are new
- more light output
- very stable ignition with solid spark
- better starting, better fuel burning
- no wear anymore on collector, points and governor
- includes assembly instructions
- Wiring Diagram
- Yamaha DT175 Twin Shock 1974-on
- Yamaha DT100 Twin Shock 1974-83
- Yamaha DT125 Twin Shock without factory electric start (120mm stator, Europe only) 1974-on (confirmed to 1979)
- Yamaha DT125 and DT175 Monoshock 1977-on (confirmed to 1981)
- Yamaha RT180 (USA only 1990 – 1998)
- Yamaha IT175 (1977-1979)
- Yamaha DT175A,B,C Twin Shock, later models (after 1974?)
- with Factory magneto-type ignition 120 mm stator, 2 fastening screws,
Ignition on left side of engine, magneto is held to crankshaft by nut
clutch mechanism on top of engine
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Have to make custom mounts for my 1976 Yamaha DT175C for the coil and voltage regulator. Otherwise after wiring this in in about an hour and a half my bike regained spark and was able to fire immediately first kick. Would recommend the manual says to lap the magneto to the shaft but it’s fine. The coil is too small for the bracket and the voltage regulator is too big.
Goes in easy. Needed to make a very simple mounting bracket for coil under the tank. Good pulling power and simple to set timing using a TDC gauge. The addition of a capacitor battery-eliminator would make this kit even better.