162 MM replacement Headlight 12 volt
- Yamaha no longer makes the replacement headlight bulb for the RD's
- This is an option to replace the original 162mm headlight Bulb
- Comes with a H4 bulb 60/55w if you are putting this in a R5, DS7, RD250 or RD350 with the stock charging system, you will need to also purchase the 35/35w bulb
- Link to 35/35 bulb
- The light is held in place with clips, the normal mounting on most bikes is not used and the side to side adjuster is deleted.
- Link to the clips (you will most likely need these).
- Please look at the pictures to see the installation. Some RD400's will be different but the light will still work.
- Any motorcycle with a 162mm headlight
- Yamaha R5, DS7 1970-1972
- Yamaha RD350, RD250 1973-1975
- Yamaha RD400 1976-1980
- Yamaha XS400 with the 162mm headlight.
- NOTE: This is just the sealed beam style headlight, the ring is not included. only shown in the photos to show how it will fit.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Fit nice and secure in my original headlight bezel using the clips (sold separately) Looks great works great on my 1975 rd350
I finished installing the headlight yesterday. Delivery was quiet fast and well packed. I changed the wires to match the color code of my RD350. The clips I bought with it, worked really well, the lamp is well secured in the rim. I had some issues with fitting the lamp in the lamp housing. The socket is somewhat longer than the original one so I had to rearrange the wires in the headlight. In the end it worked with some fiddling. I am really happy with the solution in the end. To see well and even more important, Being seen on the road is very important and the lamp is a real upgrade. PS I have the Vape electronic ignition with 100W alternator installed so I can keep the high power lamp. Thanks HVC Ivo