Yamaha RD400 Performance Radial Heads
Also known as; DG Heads, Starburst Heads, Ottco Heads, or Radial Heads.
SCR Performance Heads
- Looks very similar to the DG but a little less material on he bottom fin area
- Gold Anodized, a little lighter shade than the DG or Polished Silver
- Scott Clough Racing (SCR) Performance Combustion Chamber 23.7 cc with a more aggressive squish band, Developed to work on Stock up to stage 2 ported engines. Got a full blown racer then you need to call us.
- WHO? WHAT? SQUISH?
- WHO?. Scott Clough. Knows more about a two-stroke head design and has the ability to design and set up a design that is the most effecive head design needed per application. SCR holds, AHRMA records, Land Speed Records (RZ350), Road Races Championships, and builds Isle of Mann Racers. Plain and simple he knows!
- What? SCR adjusted the compression ratio, squish angles, squish clearance, squish velocity, and combustion chamber shape to optimize the combustion process. This all makes more power!
- SQUISH? This is the clearance between the piston and the squish band of the head when the piston is at TDC. It has a strong influence on turbulence in the combustion chamber, which directly affects how fast the mixture burns.
- Very noticeable performance gain, HP increase numbers will vary from bike to bike determined on porting, exhaust, and intake setup.
Will you need to Re-jet? Most likely
- Uses the Stock RD400 Head Gaskets 1A1-11181-00-0R
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Performance radial fin heads for my RD400 make the bike in appearance and in performance. They are exceptionally well made and are a perfect fit, they are worth every cent.
better power and runs great
Nice product fitment was great east to install great vintage look a little noisy but it's worth it I would recommend these to anybody!