Yamaha RD350 / R5 Performance Heads
Also known as; DG Heads, Starburst Heads, Ottco Heads, or Radial Heads.
- Scott Clough Racing performance combustion chamber
- Choose from a clear polished anodized finish or the gold anodized finish
- Sold as a set of 2 heads with precision ground washers and O-rings
- New O-ring gasket design. Centers the combustionhead on the cylinder
- 2 Heads
- 2 O-ring gaskets
- 8 Precision ground washers
- You must use 3/4 inch reach Spark Plugs, Use a B8ES plug instead of the B8HS
- 1970-1972 Yamaha R5
- 1973-1975 RD350
- MADE in the USA (Lincoln Nebraska)
SCR Performance Heads
- Scott Clough Racing (SCR) Performance Combustion Chamber 22.3cc with a more aggressive squish band, Developed to work on Stock up to stage 2 ported engines. Got a full blown racer then you need to call us.
- WHO? WHAT? SQUISH?
- WHO? Scott Clough. Knows more about a two-stroke head design and has the ability to design and set up a design that is the most effective head design needed per application. SCR holds, AHRMA records, Land Speed Records (RZ350), Road Races Championships, and builds Isle of Mann Racers. Plain and simple he knows!
- What? SCR adjusted the compression ratio, squish angles, squish clearance, squish velocity, and combustion chamber shape to optimize the combustion process. This all makes more power!
- SQUISH? This is the clearance between the piston and the squish band of the head when the piston is at TDC. It has a strong influence on turbulence in the combustion chamber, which directly affects how fast the mixture burns.
- Very noticeable performance gain, HP increase numbers will vary from bike to bike determined on porting, exhaust, and intake setup. Expect a minimum of 4 to 5 hp gain on a stock RD350. (information acquired from dyno testing)
- Will you need to Re-jet? Most likely
- Will they work on the RD400? NO! check out our Performance heads for the RD400
- Pricing? Please understand that this is a performance part for vintage motorcycles. They are made in short runs, not mass produced; the price is determined by the manufacturing costs.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The cylinder heads are really nice.Good making.
Fast shipping and receiving(three days to come to France)
I installed these heads in like 30 minutes. Love the O'ring for sure. Bike runs fantastic!! and looks just as good. If your on the fence as I was, fall over and get these things!!
I had a set of DG heads back in the day. The fit and finish on these are way better. A little pricey but worth it.